Choosing A Lot Is About More Than Picking One You Like
Choosing a suitable building lot in the North Atlanta suburbs of East Cobb can be an intimidating process, and requires being mindful of several important considerations. These are only the high points, but the more you know about what to look for, the better things will turn out. For questions about availability, guidance, or experienced assistance with making lot reservations: Call Robert Whitfield – 678-585-9691 or, Email email@example.com now!
How To Choose A Lot
So, you’ve decided on the East Cobb Neighborhood that you want to build in. Now, depending on the variety of lots available and the floor plan you’ve chosen, you have a choice of home sites within the subdivision that you have chosen. Don’t be content to pick your spot from a site plat plan – you should go out and see each home site firsthand. Be sure to wear sturdy shoes when you tour lots, and bring along a camera and a way to take notes. We make ourselves available to accompany all clients to survey available builder lots and provide experienced feedback and assistance with lot selection.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a lot for your home site in East Cobb:
1. TERRAIN: Is your site hilly or level? If you’re dreaming of a terraced garden or a walk out basement, be sure to choose a site that fits your plans and slopes properly with the views considered.
2. LOCATION: Would you prefer a corner lot with lots of curb appeal or a secluded cul-de-sac spot? Where your home site is situated will influence the amount of privacy you’ll enjoy. Take note of how far your home site is from neighborhood amenities, like parks and walking trails. Be sure to view site plans and ask about future phases – the private back yard may not be private in the future if another street goes in behind your lot.
3. ORIENTATION: (Of the lot and your home) The direction your home faces affects more than your view. The amount of sun your living areas get can influence everything from your heating and cooling bill to your lighting needs and window treatments—to say nothing of the effect on your outdoor spaces. If you enjoy entertaining on the patio, for example, consider a west-facing home site for more afternoon or evening shade. If you like to garden, consider how much sun your flowerbeds will receive in growing seasons.
4. SHAPE/SIZE: Will the home plan you like fit on the lot – the agent in the model won’t usually know this. Find out before your lot reservation – will the plans footprint fit well or will the plan have to be sited with an odd or unattractive angle? Will the lot allow future build outs, driveway extensions, or deck additions within the county required side and rear setbacks? Are you happy with the depth of the lot? The side yard space? The shape of the front and back yards? The view and proximity to neighbors and amenities?
5. SOIL: Is the soil quality and type adequate for foundations or will engineered fill be required? If a septic tank is required, has a perk-test been done – have you seen the test results for that specific lot?
6. RESEARCH: Make sure you research neighborhood schools and other area amenities ahead of time. Advantage Realtors can supply area maps and information about each community, so you can make sure you’re in the right school system and close to the places that are important to you.
Also see Negotiating With A Builder
If you’re interested in getting more information on lots in East Cobb or North Fulton or would like to reserve a lot, Call Robert Whitfield now – 678-585-9691 or, Email firstname.lastname@example.org .